Five Ways to Use Patterned Tile in Your Home
Whether you’re thinking about your flooring, kitchen backsplash, bathroom floors and walls or other area in your home, patterned tile will brighten your space. Let’s take a look at a few fun and fresh ways to incorporate patterned tile in your home.
1. Brightly Patterned Backsplash: One of our favorite things to see is a simply chic kitchen with a neutrally-colored theme and a backsplash that says, “Wowza!” A great idea is to pick colors that really stand out against the color of your kitchen, so the backsplash pops and makes an instant statement. Incorporating patterned tile in a solid-colored room isn’t just on trend, it adds character to any space.
2. Standout Staircase with Patterned Tile Risers: We love this idea. Showcase your stairway by adding patterned tile risers in between each step. Unique in so many ways, this is just not something you see every day. You can take it simply chic or bold and bright – either way, you’ll love it. Another budget-friendly project, patterned tiles on your stairs are elegant and sure to be a conversation starter.
3. Master Bathroom Focal Wall: A patterned tile focal wall works best in a bathroom that doesn’t already have stand-out features. A great spot to add this focal point in the master bathroom (or any bathroom) is the wall above your vanity and behind the mirror. If you’re working with a tight budget, this is the way to go since you’re only tiling a small area in the room.
4. Exquisite, Patterned Tile Fireplace: While this isn’t a new idea in fireplace design, a patterned tile fireplace stands the test of time when it comes to style and sophistication. Fireplaces tend to already be focal points, so adding patterned tile to its design is the cherry on top. This is also another budget-friendly option when you want to add a little pizzazz to your space without breaking the bank.
5. Boldly Patterned Tile Flooring: Make a statement throughout any room in your home when you add patterned tile flooring. A popular room to do this is the kitchen – if you’re thinking about doing this in your kitchen, before you get started on this project, take into account the color and make of your cabinets. Consider incorporating that color into your patterned tile flooring. Another idea – if you have an open floor plan in your home, think about doing the patterned tile in one area to give your space separation and also to make the patterned tile a focal point of your home.
If you’re someone who tends to stay neutral when it comes to the colors of your home, adding a splash of color with patterned tile is sure to brighten your space. You can really have fun with it as patterned tiles come in countless designs, shapes and materials. So, whether you’re thinking of a whole room renovation, a mini-DIY project, or adding a focal point to your space, you can’t go wrong with patterned tiles!