PlanSwift is the number one takeoff and estimating software available on the market today and is one of the fastest growing developer and distributor of the digital estimating industry, but what is PlanSwift? How can it actually enhance your business?
The History of PlanSwift
PlanSwift was founded back in 2007 and has been a staple in the construction industry ever since. The company was originally based in Henderson, Nevada but is now located at our main office in Centerville, Utah.
PlanSwift is the number one takeoff and estimating software available on the market today and is one of the fastest growing developer and distributor of the digital estimating industry. More than 60,000 users in over 60 countries around the world use this software for the innovative tools and it’s accuracy.
PlanSwift joined the ConstructConnect team in 2018 after providing cutting-edge takeoff and estimating tools to their customers for more than a decade. ConstructConnect is a leader in preconstruction project data and is also one of the industry’s leading takeoff and estimating software. With more than 1.1 million registered users, ConstructConnect reports on more than 600,000 projects in the United States and Canada every year. More than 100,000 users utilize their software for its takeoff and estimating tools.
PlanSwift has been building on the original Pilot Program for the Academic Program since 2007 but it wasn’t until 2009 when two schools showed interest that it really took off. Each of the schools that entered the program in 2009 has excellent construction management programs.
The student and university development program was formally launched in August of 2010 and since then, PlanSwift’s Academic Program Team has been working hard to build a bigger, more reliable and diversified program to help students all across the country.
The end goal of PlanSwift’s Academic Program is to create a program that seamlessly joins colleges and universities with technological advancements and provide the stepping stones necessary for the construction industry’s contractors to launch into the future.
What does The Academic Program include?
- Complimentary software
- Course Materials
- Ability to share plans with students and associates
- PlanSwift certification at your school
- Alumni Discounts
- A code for each student that gives them a discount once they’ve graduated
The 3 Different Portals
- Professor Portal: This offers a complimentary copy of the software to the educator so they can evaluate and determine how to incorporate it into their classrooms.
- Student Portal: This is sold for one tenth of the price of the standard edition of PlanSwift so that the student can have a free full set of features with no limitations to learn and study from.
- Education Programs: Teachers use this to empower their students to learn and complete construction material takeoffs and estimates with the construction industry’s leading software package.
PlanSwift’s Referral Program allows customers on one website to refer their visitors to another website to sell them the software and can get credit for any product that is purchased on that website from the referred visitors. PlanSwift pays 30% commission for each sale from these visitors. All you have to do is fill our the application form and get started! PlanSwift has resellers in:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- North Africa
- The Middle East
Classroom Training launched in the summer of 2015, the goal of this program was to give our customers a better opportunity to fully learn and understand the software. The training includes 2 full days of detailed, hands on training and a Level 1 certification of the software. Get help customizing your software so it works more efficiently with your business by sitting down with one of our highly trained estimators. You’ll learn how to do takeoffs, create parts and assemblies, work advanced properties, templates, reports, and more.
Classroom Training offers…
- 15 hours of training
- Level 1 Certification
- Fundamental building blocks
- Both basic and advanced feature training
- Tips and Tricks
- Custom Templates
- Meals: Thursday and Friday lunch and the PlanSwift training team will take you out for dinner on Thursday.
- Free 1 on 1 follow up training the second day
Plugins are a simple and convenient way to customize your PlanSwift software to better work for your trade specific construction company. The plugins are specifically designed with the customer’s needs in mind with countless applications that you can apply to your business.
There’s a plugin for almost everyone..
- Free wPS Maint
- General Contracting
- General Part
- General Part
- Job Costing
- MS Office
- PlanSwift Tools